Along come the twins. Not only are there two of them in addition to Jack, they are completely different in their exploration and inquisitiveness...AKA they are crazy.
The past few weeks we've had to bolt the bookcases to the wall, install yet another lock on the front door (because they figured out the other locks) covered a very very small space on the fence in backyard (don't ask) and put door knob covers on every door, including the inside of theirs. We had to remove the train table, clear off the computer desk and keep the dining room chairs bungee corded to the table.
They are almost 2 1/2 and just when we thought they were slowing down on that phase, they pretty much said 'yeah right'.
I can't helicopter parent these two, and yet I need to be able to go to the bathroom without fearing for their lives.
Safety is a concern, and while I want to let my boys explore and have fun and get the occasional bump and bruise....but I won't be careless and not protecting them in simple ways.
Enter, the TV Mount. (Giveaway at the bottom of the post!)
SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide has teamed up to launch a TV Safety Initiative.
Most people have or are planning to get a flat panel TV. They save space, look awesome and provide a great TV experience. Unfortunately due to their design, they pose a significant safety risk. They tip over easily and can severely injure or kill a young child.
Bringing this risk to the forefront, SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide. By educating consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TV’s, SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
· A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
· Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
· Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
· An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
· Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
The awesome thing about the SANUS TV Mount is, easy installation:
Check out the video:
SANUS TV Mounting Tips:
· Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
So, who wants one?!
a Rafflecopter giveaway