Meal Planning and Saving Money- eMeals
I am really awful about meal planning.
We've always been go with the flow about our meals, and my husband is
1) easy to please
2) likes simple things and doesn't get bored of anything (yes these are also awesome things)
4) has a somewhat different schedule
5) and we have a super small budget.
All of those things combined with my lack of scheduling usually mean, we eat a lot of the same things and I just buy the same stuff.
It's been fine and all, but when I do meal plan, the savings is noted immediately (even more so than the usual) and I am wanting to boys to try lots of different things and get out of our standard rut.
A few things that make this tricky
1) I don't eat meat. Not for any religious or political reason, I just don't like it. Haven't since I was little, it's totally a texture thing- but my boys all eat meat. That means I have to be creative and usually I leave the meat out and add it in later to their dishes, or sometimes make two of the same thing, one without meat.
2) My easy to please husband doesn't like most of the vegetables I like (onions and peppers) which happen to accompany the many vegetarian dishes.
I've borrowed recipe books, scoured online and looked at a few different plans. Nothing really stuck or stood out. Some things required a ton of work, or a lot of money. Then, along comes eMeals aka one of the coolest things ever created.
How It Works
So, basically they do all the work for you. How do you like them apples?
Being a vegetarian in a family that eats meat, we've chosen to do the Classic Meals plan, and I make my substitutions/alterations as needed.
And if that's not enough awesomeness for you check out this graphic below and Use this simple budget form to get the process started.